What is a Labor Doula?
A doula is a professional trained in childbirth who provides emotional, physical, and educational support to a mother who is expecting, is experiencing labor, or has recently given birth. The doula’s purpose is to help women have a safe, memorable, and empowering birthing experience.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Labor Doula?
- Reduces use of Pitocin
- Decreased rate of interventions during labor and birth
- Less need for pain medication or epidural
- Lower c-section rate
- Shorter labors
- Higher satisfaction with birth outcomes
- Higher chance of spontaneous vaginal birth
What do I get When I Hire a Labor Doula?
- Two prenatal visits to discuss desires and preparation for birth.
- One postpartum visit to ensure all is well and answer questions.
- Phone support as needed during pregnancy and immediate postpartum.
- Assistance in creating a birth plan.
- Labor support at home, birth center and hospital as needed.
- Emotional, physical, and informational support during labor and birth.
How do I Book?
To be placed on our calendar there is a non-refundable, on-call, fee of $300.
Your on-call fee is applied to the package you choose.
Payment plans & gift registry/certificates are a great option to off-set your balance.